Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Drop Down my Cheek - II

Date: 22nd June 2010. Time: Around 5 pm

It’s been precisely 309 calendar days since I wrote the earlier post and I’ve been wanting to post it ever since. You may ask then why today! Déjà vu… Once again after months of blowing fire nature has recreated the eagerly awaited magic with a sleight of its hand. Belting winds, a thunderous storm followed by a soul drenching rain, its back to square one and I am too happy to pen down my second extravagant experience and compile both of them into a memorable blog post. Though frankly, much has changed now. I have completed my Bachelor courses of four years and am starting with my Masters research in a field of my interest. Responsibilities have increased and my capabilities have increased too, I hope.

The atmosphere is dank. The water has permeated the air making it cold and chilling. A continuous thunder roars in the background seeming like country music playing in a lounge, while you relax and enjoy. Amazingly enough, being over 30 years or more old, the hostel suddenly looks so new and tempting! The tattered yellow plaster of the rugged hostel walls has acquired a dim sheen which proudly reflects its decades of intimate attachment with students like me, who live their four years (five in my case) of lives in this home.

The giant eucalyptus trees surrounding the hostel are gently swaying to and fro until a sudden gust of wind comes that makes the tree bend and its rain-dripping leaves break into a fervid dance. After all, after months of agonizing wait the tree has met its beloved wind and the mortal is reconciled with the immortal. In fact the whole microcosm is in a party time! The chirruping birds are so playful; it looks as though they’re doing flying acrobatics. The sky is partly overcast and a sweet cool breeze is drifting across me. I can even tell the faint aroma of wet mud in it.

It’s very correct that scientists today are trying to find traces of water everywhere in the universe. Because water does not just give us sustainability, it helps create, sustain and provide meaning to our lives... And somewhere very inconspicuously a small, bright and chubby kid, just out of his bath, peeked from behind the black sheet of clouds and with a slow but resolute step, began his long journey through the night.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely and picturesque !! I could live that day once again !

    ReplyDelete
  2. i suppose d chubby kid means d moon...right??
    wonderful post...believe it....!!readin it gave me a delightful respite frm d scorchin heat outside my window....keep it up..:)

    ReplyDelete